Law firms and legal departments should look for these key elements of any solid new business intake platform:
- A customizable, intelligent interface for collecting initial information from the client or organization. This Includes but is not limited to organization identity, reason for engagement, related parties and relative documents, among other factors.
- Investigating and processing the initial information to evaluate the need and your ability to provide the desired services. This process typically includes the baseline business decision, potential conflict(s) of interest and resource availability.
- Generating documents and correspondence throughout the process life cycle. This includes client agreements, letters of introduction and applicable questionnaires.
- Assignment and notification of associated responsibilities upon acceptance of the new work. Responsible parties will need to be qualified, available and identified as work owners so the initial work can be staged.
- Where appropriate, integration with other business platforms should eliminate redundant data entry while ensuring optimal accuracy and continuity of information flow.
Next week, our blog series continues with the six stages of new business intake processes. If you don’t want to wait for the next blog, you can download the complete article here: http://www.advologix.com/legal-matter-new-business-intake/