Several times a year our platform provider Salesforce.com provides updates to the AdvoLogix platform. Our customers directly benefit from many of these updates. We have included a summary of several stand-out enhancements below. The Salesforce.com Spring ’15 release notes can be read in detail here. Or if you prefer, a PDF version here.
Exchange Cloud Sync (new)
- You complete and maintain set up for all users centrally. Neither you nor your users need to install software on your systems.
- Exchange Sync is compatible with several Exchange-supported email systems, including Outlook® for Mac and mobile devices. Even users working in email systems other than Outlook can sync records.
- Records sync every few minutes, which is more frequent than Salesforce for Outlook.
- Records sync regularly—even when your users’ devices and email systems are powered down.
Lightning Process Builder (new)
Process Builder is a workflow tool that helps you easily automate everything from daily tasks, like follow-up emails, to more complex processes, like order renewals and new-hire onboarding. In just a few clicks you can automate business processes and help your organization operate more efficiently.With the Process Builder, you can:
- Create a record
- Update any related record—not just the record or its parent
- Use a quick action to create a record, update a record, or log a call
- Trigger an autolaunched flow—from immediate and also scheduled actions
- Send an email
- Post to Chatter
- Submit a record for approval
Notes Application (beta)
The existing Notes functionality in Salesforce allows Notes to be added to a specific record. The new Notes application treats Notes in a completely new way, as follows:
- Create standalone notes not necessarily related to a specific record.
- Relate notes to multiple records check icon indicating true
- Include bulleted and numbered lists check icon indicating true
- Search just notes check icon indicating true
- Create tasks from notes check icon indicating true
- Report on notes
Salesforce1 Mobile Enhancements
- The Adoption Manager (new) suggests a variety of actions that your users can take to work more effectively inSalesforce1. Users receive suggestions via emails that are optimized for viewing on mobile devices.
- When using Salesforce1 on tablets, users get an enhanced view experience that shows more record details and embedded charts in the list view.
- The action bar is available in more places, such as Search Results and the Today app.
- Added new File and Link actions to the Post action. When users compose a post, they can now attach a link and a file to their post directly from the New Post page.
- Users can find their files faster with new filters for synced and external files and a reorganized filter list.
- If Files Connect is set up for your organization, Salesforce1 mobile browser app users can browse and share files from external data sources, such as Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.
- Improved search results, as a user begins typing a keyword in a search box, the list of quick results shows the name of each matching record, as well as data from the second field in the object’s search results layout.
- When using Salesforce1 on tablets, users get an enhanced search results experience that shows more record details.
- You can enable auto-complete on standard addresses for all Salesforce1 users. This allows users to enter text on standard address fields and see possible matching addresses in a picklist.
- The new Account News card appears on Account related information pages. The card shows one top news items for the account.
- In task lists, tablet users no longer need to switch back and forth between the task list and task details. Instead, a separate column now shows the details of the task selected in a list.
- Enhance the feed with a new action that lets users create tasks directly from a post.
- The main Today page now includes more key information. Users can now see current Chatter posts that are directly relevant to them, news about accounts they’re meeting with on the current day, and their most recently accessed dashboard.
- On tablets in landscape orientation, when users drill into a dashboard component to access the report, the chart displays in a new panel that slides open.
- The Create New Task action lets users create a task directly from a post in their feed.
- The new Salesforce Chatter Dashboards package gives administrators an essential set of dashboards and reports to keep tabs on Chatter activity. Administrators can gain insights from the latest metrics and rapidly spot trends.
- A post can now have more than one attachment, like multiple links and a file, providing your users with even more information at their fingertips.
Salesforce Files Enhancements
- You can now manage all your Files and Content settings under a single Salesforce Files node. Previously, these settings pages were widely dispersed across Setup.
- Connect to Content in OneDrive for Business
Let Salesforce users access and share files from Microsoft’s latest cloud-based content system. Fully integrate your external content by including it in global Salesforce searches.
- Salesforce Files now support Record Types and Page Layouts.
- Now sync not only your own files between your desktop and Salesforce, but also files shared by others.
- Allow users log in to a Salesforce organization using their Google accounts.
- Use Login Forensics to identify unusual behavior within your organization, helping you prevent identity fraud and other security concerns. (PILOT)
The Salesforce for Outlook Enhancements
- Salesforce for Outlook can now sync recurring Salesforce tasks one way from Salesforce to Outlook. When you set up data sets in your Outlook configurations to sync recurring tasks, your users see only the current open task in the series, as well as any modified tasks.
- Now, the side panel matches email addresses in Outlook emails to all email address fields for contacts and leads in Salesforce—even custom ones, which means the side panel has better chances of finding relevant contacts and leads related to the emails that matter to your sales teams.
- In terms of Visual Flows, among other things, you can now enable your users to pause flow interviews, customize the condition logic that’s used in Decision and Wait elements, and more.
- You can now reassign the owner of a single task within a recurring task series. The reassigned task is removed from the series.
- Enhanced global search performance and capabilities: Improved indexing reduces the wait time for new information to be indexed. Enhanced handling ot AMD NOT capabilities.
- Duplicate Alerts and Blocking: Control whether and when you allow users to create duplicate records inside Salesforce, customize the logic that’s used to identify duplicates, and create reports on the duplicates you do allow users to save.
- The Account & Contact import wizard supports a plethora of additional options including: Outlook, QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Constant Contact. Highrise, ACT!, Sugar CRM, Xero, Excel, Google Sheets, MailChimp, LiniedIn, GMail, Yahoo.
- Previously, only administrators were able to edit object records that are owned by inactive users. With Spring ’15, administrators and all users with the create or edit permission can create or records that are owned by inactive users.
- Records with standard address fields now display a Google Maps image of the address.
- A More Streamlined Look for the Rich Text Editor (also known as the HTML Editor). Rich text area fields have a new look, better performance, bug
fixes, improved styling for pasted data, improved handling for pasted images, and increased compatibility with newer browsers.