Several times a year our platform provider Salesforce.com provides updates to the AdvoLogix platform. Our customers directly benefit from many of these updates. We have included a summary of several stand-out enhancements below. The Salesforce.com Spring ’16 release notes can be read in detail here.
- Users can now select Automatic BCC to receive copies in their own inboxes.
- Users can easily find out whether email recipients have opted out of receiving mass emails or emails to a recipient have bounced before.
Salesforce1 Mobile Enhancements
- Get more Account Insights when using a tablet device.
- Use images within Notes.
- See previous versions of a Note.
- Report charts have been significantly enhancedfor phone devices.
- Using mobile search, and a user enters a search term that doesn’t yield results, they see results that match a corrected spelling of the search term.
Chatter Collaboration Enhancements
- Broadcast groups are a special type of public, private, or unlisted group allowing only group owners and managers to create posts. Group members cannot create posts, they only respond to posts.
- User @mention suggestions are more relevant and list users who you interact with the most instead of an alphabetical list.
- The redesigned email digests put higher priority posts, such as posts on your profile and mentions, at the top, group posts under their parent group or object, and are optimized for display on mobile devices. Overlapping has been reduced with group digests by excluding posts that are already included in group digests.
- View group member engagement with the new Group Report. See the number of members, posts, comments, likes, questions, and answered questions in a single view for each group.
Salesforce Files Enhancements
- When using Files Connect to access files from SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, when users click to open a file, they’re redirected to the appropriate Microsoft online app (such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) instead of the file detail page.
- Files that you upload to the Notes & Attachments related list on records are now Salesforce Files objects, rather than the old attachment objects. A new org pref in Salesforce Files Settings controls this behavior. This feature is helpful for orgs that want to migrate from attachments to files, but still need to keep their existing notes and attachments.
Process Builder Enhancements
- Reorder criteria in your process with drag and drop. Previously, to change the order, you had to delete and redefine criteria and actions.
- Due to limited space, you can rarely see an entire field name. Now you can just hover over the field name in the criteria or action side panel to see the entire name
- The Salesforce Authenticator Mobile App, Version 2.0, for two-factor authentication has been completely reimagined, redesigned, and rebuilt. Version 2.0 is a powerful two-factor authentication app for iOS and Android mobile devices. The new app offers enhanced security and increased convenience.
- Login Forensics is now generally available. Login forensics helps admins better determine which user behavior is legitimate to prevent identity fraud in Salesforce.