Several times a year our platform provider Salesforce.com provides updates to the AdvoLogix platform. Our customers directly benefit from many of these updates. We have included a summary of several stand-out enhancements below. The Salesforce.com Spring ’17 release notes can be read in detail here.
Account and Contact Management
- A new Contact search feature allows users to enter a first or last name, or both, plus the Account name. Contacts that match the search terms and relate to the specified Account are returned.
- Expanded functionality for the new Account Contact Relationship object including custom actions, buttons and links.
- Workflow and Process Builder now support the Account Contact Relationship object to create automated business processes.
Files and Content
- Organizations may decide when to send files as links. Options now allow more control over how files are attached to emails, the files can be sent as attachments or as content delivery links.
- Salesforce Files Sync now supports macOS Sierra (OS X 10.12)
- The new Lightning for Gmail (Beta) integration allows users to work with AdvoLogix data within Gmail.
- The new Lightning Sync for Google (Beta) allows users to synchronize their AdvoLogix Contacts with their Google/Gmail Contacts.
- Lightning for Outlook now supports inline editing and has new tabs for the Chatter Feed, Timeline and Related Lists.
- Lightning Sync for Microsoft Exchange now syncs meeting attendees.
- When creating an approval process, the Submit for Approval button may now be enabled by default.
- When enabled, Visual Flows now support the Lightning Experience runtime, look, and feel.
- Visual Flow screens may now be designed to render in a two-column format.
- The new Salesforce1 Offline Preferences options allow users to select the type of information they wish to store for offline access.
- Users may now quickly make phone calls or send emails from the phone and email fields on profiles—in the highlights area and on the record detail page.
- Quickly create follow up tasks or a new task that’s related to a current one.
- Recurring Tasks are now supported and can be created in Salesforce1.
- Version 2.8 (and later) of the Salesforce Authenticator offers an improved design and an enhanced account management experience.
- Identity verification is now required when users attempt to add two-factor authentication methods or change an email address.
- In the Salesforce Authenticator for iOS 10, notifications now display the action, username, service, and device information directly on the lock screen.
- Your organization can now customize the Health Check security baseline to compare your org’s security settings with industry standards.
- There are many new features for organizations using communities including; Workspaces, Criteria-Based Audiences, Mobile Actions and more.
- The rich text editor for the Note taking app is now using the Quill editor.