Dashboard filters let viewers choose which data to display on a dashboard using a drop-down menu. You no longer have to clone the dashboard and all the underlying filtered reports for each subset of data; instead, you can use a single dashboard with one set of source reports to serve a wide audience. Each dashboard filter is based on a single field and can have up to 10 options defined by operator and value. Contact salesforce.com if you want to increase this limit.
Note: Refer to Winter ‘12 Features Available After the Release on page 16 for how to best implement this feature and when this feature will be enabled for your organization.
When using dashboard filters, consider the following:
• Each dashboard can have one filter.
• You can create filters on fields that are common to or have equivalents for all components on the dashboard.
• Filters aren’t supported for dynamic dashboards.
• You can’t add a filter to dashboards that contain Visualforce or s-control components.
• Currently, you can create a filter only on picklist, lookup, and text fields.
• A filter can only have up to 10 options. Contact salesforce.com if you want to increase this limit.
• Scheduling or emailing a filtered dashboard will return unfiltered data.