We believe there is a better way to practice law. This 45 min. webinar will provide a brief introduction to cloud computing for the legal industry and introduce an exciting new approach to legal practice management. Learn about … Continue reading
New Advologix for General Counsel Product Announced at Association of Corporate Counsel Meeting in Orlando
New “Advologix for General Counsel™” Matter Management Solution Combines Web-Based Collaboration with Recognized Best Practices
Built on the robust Force.com platform, Advologix for General Counsel empowers inside counsel to centrally manage services, control costs, track matters, and perform cost-benefit analyses.
ORLANDO (September 30, 2012) – from the Association of Corporate Counsel Annual Meeting, Booth #907 – Advologix, the leading provider of platform as a service based enterprise matter management legal solutions, today announced the launch of Advologix for General Counsel™, a comprehensive and flexible solution for corporate legal departments that simplifies operations and oversight while reducing IT costs and controlling legal spend. Built on the powerful Force.com platform, Advologix for General Counsel complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA and holds SAS 70 certification.
“Since introducing Advologix for Law Firms™ five years ago, we’ve had our sights set on delivering an equally compelling solution to fulfill the management and operational needs of corporate legal departments,” said Bill Pickard, Advologix President. “Advologix for General Counsel is the culmination of thousands of hours spent with legal teams to define and build the most comprehensive solution available for corporate counsel to rapidly achieve centralized, accessible, cost-effective legal management and control.”
Advologix for General Counsel extends functionality beyond matter management to offer in-house counsel a truly comprehensive set of tools for overseeing all responsibilities of the corporate legal office – from litigation matters to corporate housekeeping and compliance. As with the entire suite, Advologix for General Counsel is customized easily to fulfill exact specifications and drive immediate efficiencies and cost savings. Advologix for General Counsel users can:
- Manage matters, legal projects, budgets, outside counsel and corporate secretary functions
- Reduce external legal spend by 15 – 20%, on average, while eliminating costly surprises
- Forecast budgets and risk associated with legal matters.
- Simplify and streamline workflow by consolidating several applications into just one.
- Track entity vitals and charters.
- Maintain officer and director data.
- Maximize control with complete matter management and project management oversight.
- Improve financial management with e-billing for external counsel and predictive analytics.
- Support third party collaboration via an outside counsel portal.
- Benefit from integrated document management … MS Office integration … mobile support for Android, iPhone and Blackberry … tablet support for iPad … and tailored configurations to custom-fit specific legal operations.
Advologix will showcase Advologix for General Counsel in Booth #907 at the American Association of Corporate Counsel Meeting this week in Orlando, Florida. To learn more about how Advologix for General Counsel can benefit your organization’s specific needs, please call Advologix at (888) 898-2386 or email us at email@example.com.
Advologix is driving the practice of law to the cloud, enabling law firms, their clients, and corporate counsel to collaborate jointly and seamlessly while dramatically lowering costs utilizing unified project, matter and knowledge management, secure third-party portals and mobile / tablet access. Advologix Enterprise Matter Management runs on the force.com platform, the most powerful, secure, and reliable cloud-based platform serving over one million users per day. For more information, please visit www.advologix.com.
# # #
Media Contact: Karen Reed Phone: 888-898-2386, ext. 703 Email: PR@advologix.com
HOUSTON (August 23, 2012) – Advologix.com LLC, the leading provider of cloud based enterprise matter management legal solutions, today announced the appointment of John Hults as Vice President of Business Development. An experienced sales manager, technology innovator, and corporate executive with more than two decades of experience. His responsibilities will include key account sales, marketing, and channel development.
“John is a capable and competent manager, with experience in cloud applications and building high performance, market-focused organizations”, said Bill Pickard, president of Advologix. “We know he will be a primary contributor during this phase of stratospheric company growth.”
Prior to Advologix, Hults spent sixteen years at Wolters Kluwer Corporate Legal Services / CT Corporation where he held positions of increasing responsibility. He most recently served as vice president of sales managing an organization that included over 75 sales and consulting professionals.
Hults holds a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from The Ohio State University and has participated in post graduate Executive Development/Leadership Programs from the Kellogg School of Management.
Advologix is driving the practice of law to the cloud, enabling law firms, their clients, and corporate counsel to collaborate jointly and seamlessly while dramatically lowering costs utilizing unified project, matter and knowledge management, secure third party portals and mobile/tablet access. Advologix Enterprise Matter Management runs on the force.com platform, the most powerful, secure, and reliable cloud-based platform serving over one million users per day. For more information, please visit www.advologix.com.
# # #
Media Contact: Karen Reed Phone: 832-886-0049 Email: PR@advologix.com
Please join us at the 66th Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals National Conference in Washington, DC from July 11th – 14th 2012. Advologix.com LLC will be highlighting our General Counsel solution for GCs and Corporate Secretaries. Advologix for GC provides comprehensive matter management, e-billing, cross-object reporting, workflow and outside counsel portal to streamline case workload and manage spend. Advologix for Corporate Secretary is the simple and affordable, cloud-based solution that allows tracking of entity vitals, maintenance of Officer/Director data, secure board member access, and stakeholder portals. Store corporate charters and automate document creation with document templates. Compliance is at your fingertips with Advologix.com.
Conventional wisdom would have you believe that Public Clouds are inherently insecure, and that the only way to meet your organization’s stringent security requirements in the Cloud is to implement your own Private Cloud. Conventional wisdom, you say? Unfortunately, there is precious little wisdom available of any kind when it comes to Cloud Computing, let alone the conventional type!
Please see this informative post on ZapThink
HOUSTON (January 16, 2012) – Advologix.com LLC, the leading provider of cloud based enterprise matter management legal solutions, today announced the appointment of Kelly Carson as Director of Professional Services. Kelly will be responsible for customer implementation and satisfaction. Prior to Advologix, Carson had tenure at Mitratech, Datacert and Bridgeway; she has assisted, among others, the following companies with their legal technology needs: 3M, AIG, Anheuser-Busch, Bank of America, Boeing, Cox Communications, Home Depot, Johnson & Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Novartis, Schering-Plough, Starbucks, UPS, Viacom and Wal-Mart.
“Advologix has effectively leveraged cloud efficiencies and the force.com platform to create the world’s most cost effective matter management solution that addresses the needs of all stakeholders – corporate legal departments, law firms and their clients through seamless collaboration on a common, cloud based platform” said Bill Pickard, president of Advologix. “In bringing Kelly Carson on board, we are poised to provide enterprise class solutions that have previously been unavailable to mid-size organizations due to the relatively high total cost of ownership and the painful disruption caused by an overly complex, protracted implementation effort. Kelly has a keen understanding of user needs and requirements and will use this knowledge to usher in newer, simpler methods of doing business”, said Pickard “A fundamental shift to the cloud will take place over the next several years as all stakeholders in the legal process seek to lower the overall cost of doing business by combining the operating and pricing efficiencies derived from a cloud based platform with unified project and matter management, Kelly has the knowledge, experience and most importantly, the contemporary vision to lead our customers through these initiatives.”
Carson holds a Bachelor of Science in Communications from the University of Texas and has been published in numerous industry publications.
Advologix is driving the practice of law to the cloud, enabling law firms, their clients, and corporate counsel to collaborate jointly and seamlessly while dramatically lowering costs utilizing unified project matter and knowledge management, secure third party portals and mobile/tablet access. Advologix Enterprise Matter Management runs on the force.com platform, the most powerful, secure, and reliable cloud-based platform serving over one million users per day. For more information, please visit www.advologix.com.
# # #
Often times, something will occur on an invoice or billing record in Advologix and you would like to see that activity displayed in the related Matter or Account. Until now that required custom coding. Salesforce Labs now provides a free app that will auto post from child records to parent records
Chatter Up: Conditional Auto Post From Children To Parents – Now available from the App Exchange
ChatUp lets you configure any child object to automatically chatter on their parent record. ChatUp is easily configured through custom settings an a minimum amount of code.
- Conditional auto post from child to parent records.
- Easily configurable using custom settings and a small amount of code.
- Includes example code for Opportunities and Case to post to Account.
ChatUp provides conditional auto-post capability for any standard or custom object. Posts travel from child record to parent based on your configuration. Configuration is managed through Custom Settings and deployment requires only a minor amount of Apex trigger code. Sample code included. See screen shots for sample settings configuration. Yes, it really is that easy!
Those who have delved into the administration of Salesforce will notice that there are certain limitations on features (ie. 1000 email send limit per day) as well as undocumented features and features that require Salesforce support to directly enable in your system (org). Below is a collection of capabilities that can be “unlocked” with a call to Salesforce, and sometimes some persuasion and justification.
Some important activatable features are -
- Documented in SFDC’s How to Enable Additional Salesforce Features:
- Multiple Currencies
- Insertable System Fields
- Territory Management
- Single Sign-On
- Person Accounts
- Translation Workbench
- Extended Mail Merge
- Email Relaying
- Encrypted Custom Fields
- Outbound Messages (from Workflow)
- Making Product Quantity & Sales Price Optional
- Restricting users’s email addresses to an approved list of email domains
- Not documented, but definitely doable upon request to SFDC
- @future Apex keyword
- Disabling confirmation of changes to users’ email addresses (Requires approval from a CIO-level manager, and enabling user email domain restrictions first)
- Increasing org-wide Apex code limit
- Increasing the number of External IDs by object from 3 to X
- You may not be able to activate some features in a sandbox. (Pre-2009, no features could be activated. Now, some apparently can be.) Ask in advance to be sure – if not, the only way to get them there is to activate them in a production org, then do a refresh. This may require careful planning!
- There is often confusion on the SFDC side about what is possible to activate directly in Sandbox. We have been told by numerous people at SFDC that it was impossible to change licenses in Sandbox without a refresh. The license changes DO need to be made in production first, but a Sandbox refresh is NOT required.
- Multi-currency requires 30 minutes or more of org downtime. You’ll need to plan this with SFDC support during an acceptable customer maintenance window.
Certain “limits” of SFDC may be extendable, if you know to ask.
- Field History Tracking – normally limited to 20 fields per object. SFDC may increase to 40-50.
- Apex Code Total Size – normally limited to 1MB 2MB (extended in Winter ’11).
- Attachment Size – normally limited to 5MB per file. SFDC can extend to at least 50MB.
- Future Method Limit – You can increase the number of @future method calls over the 200 limit per day per user.
- Sandbox refresh < 29 days – you can refresh your sandboxes once every 29 days, but sfdc will do it for you if you open a ticket.
- Daily apex / mass email limit – normally 1k per day. SFDC raised this to 15K per day but likely will push back hard for justification.
- Web-to-Lead daily limit – normally 500 but SF can raise to 2k per day w/o much hassle.
- Number of Rollup Fields limit – Normally limited to 10, but can be increased to at least 15.
- Number of Objects References by Formulas - Normally limited to 10, but can be increased to max 15 SFDC Support warned of performance issues that could then surface, like with list views.
- Roles – Normally limited to 500. Premier support rep was able to raise to 1,000 w/o hassle.
- Active Rules (Workflows/Escalation Rules, Auto Response, Assignment Rules) – normally limited to 50 active rules per object although Salesforce can increase to 300 without special approvals.
- Batch Limit - 500 batches per rolling 24 hour period. Can be increased with justification. More info on Batch Limits: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_asynch/Content/asynch_api_concepts_limits.htm
- Apex Code Coverage – Can be temporarily decreased from 75%
- External ID – Normally 3. Can be increased to 5 or more in some custom objects.
Dashboard filters let viewers choose which data to display on a dashboard using a drop-down menu. You no longer have to clone the dashboard and all the underlying filtered reports for each subset of data; instead, you can use a single dashboard with one set of source reports to serve a wide audience. Each dashboard filter is based on a single field and can have up to 10 options defined by operator and value. Contact salesforce.com if you want to increase this limit.
Note: Refer to Winter ‘12 Features Available After the Release on page 16 for how to best implement this feature and when this feature will be enabled for your organization.
When using dashboard filters, consider the following:
• Each dashboard can have one filter.
• You can create filters on fields that are common to or have equivalents for all components on the dashboard.
• Filters aren’t supported for dynamic dashboards.
• You can’t add a filter to dashboards that contain Visualforce or s-control components.
• Currently, you can create a filter only on picklist, lookup, and text fields.
• A filter can only have up to 10 options. Contact salesforce.com if you want to increase this limit.
• Scheduling or emailing a filtered dashboard will return unfiltered data.
Force.com, the platform used by Advologix, from Salesforce.com, now lets you automate any business process. Processes can be simple tasks—creating an activity, emailing an alert, or updating a data field—or more complex, like automating the quote–to-order process or scripting inbound and outbound communication. Whatever your process need, the new Visual Workflow, together with workflow and approvals, enable you to rapidly design and run any business process in the cloud without infrastructure, software, or code.
This is a new feature of the Winter ’12 release. You can read more about Visual Workflow from the following resources:
- Visual Workflow overview
- Winter ’12 Release Notes
- Visual Workflow Implementation Guide
- Business Process Management Technical Documentation
Every firm has dozens of business processes. With the Visual Workflow multi-step processes can be rapidly modeled in a visual designer and instantly run in the cloud.
A specialized type of workflow called an “approval” can route information to a series of people, each of whom can approve or decline the information and then send it on to the next step in the process.
You can use various criteria to determine when a workflow is triggered. In addition, you can use rules to validate data and enforce business logic when a user is entering data. You can use formulas to perform calculations or to fill out other data based on user-defined entries.
Monitoring and queuing
Time-based workflows are placed into a queue that can be easily monitored from the administrative console. Creating transparency in business processes makes it easy to maintain an audit trail and keep tasks from falling through the cracks.
Tasks and alerts
It’s easy to alert people when their participation is required in a business process. Whether it’s to approve a PO or implement a request, alerts are sent via email and can be assigned as a Task in Force.com.